Mobile Horse Veterinarian
West Valley of Phoenix, AZ
Above: Meghan Niklasson (office), Tracey Iacovelli (vet assistant), Bethany Chill (certified vet tech), Brenda St Vincent (vet assistant), Dr. Traci Hulse
Dr. Traci Hulse has been an equine veterinarian serving the West Valley of Phoenix since 1995. She started her own practice in 2020, West Valley Equine Veterinary Services. She is both a general horse doctor as well as an equine dentist with training in both routine dental floating and advanced equine dentistry.
Dr. Hulse is fortunate to have a fantastic team who make West Valley Equine such a great practice ... Certified Technician Bethany Chill, Veterinary Assistants Brenda St Vincent and Tracey Iacovelli, and Office team member Meghan Niklasson. We value our long-term relationships with our clients and their horses. Our motto is “to treat others as you want to be treated.” A horse owner herself, Dr. Hulse understands clients want a veterinarian with not only experience, skills and knowledge, but also compassion.
Dr. Traci Hulse, DVM has 27 years experience as an Equine Veterinarian and Equine Dentist.
Mission Statement- To provide high-quality veterinary care for the horse and compassionate, personable client service to the horse owner.
To learn more about her click here.
Dr Hulse serves the West Valley of Phoenix, Arizona including the following cities:
Text or call for an appointment or emergency service
*emergency service limited to established clients only*
Emergency Services after hours**
** Dr Hulse rotates emergency duty
with Durango Equine Veterinary Clinic
and is not always available**
08:00 am – 05:00 pm
Friday appointments limited to urgent care and recheck exams
Saturday appointments limited to barn clinics, recheck exams and urgent care for established clients
Dr. Hulse attended the University of Delaware for her undergraduate degree in Animal Science. She graduated in 1991 Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree. She received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 1995 from Purdue University. Dr. Hulse worked at Durango Equine Veterinary Clinic from 1995-2019 working as an exclusive equine practitioner. She started her own private practice, West Valley Equine Veterinary Services, LLC in 2020. She enjoys general equine practice with an emphasis on equine dentistry. She loves the special long-term relationships she builds with both her clients and their horses.
Her memberships and achievements include:
* Member of the Arizona Veterinary Medical Association (AZVMA)
* Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
* Member of the American Association of Equine Practitioners Association (AAEP)
* AZVMA Young Practitioner of the Year 2000
* AVMA Young Veterinarian Representative for Arizona, 2000
* AZVMA Continuing Education Board Member, 1999-2004
* AZVMA Continuing Education Chairperson, 2001-2004
* AZVMA Board of Directors, 2001-2004
* University of Delaware Presidential Citation Award 2008 for Outstanding Achievement of Graduates in the last 20 years
* Newborn Foal Article published in Il Cavallo Arabo Magazine in Italia - May 2011
* Newborn Foal Article published in Kuwait's Arabian Horse Center Newsletter in Arabic and English- May 2011.
* Featured Veterinarian in article about Equine Veterinarians in Phoenix Magazine in September 2011.
Dr. Hulse is married to Jack Hulse. They have 2 children, Devin and Kyle. They live in the West Valley with their 3 horses and a miniature donkey, 4 dogs, 3 goats, 2 cats, and several chickens. In her free time, Dr. Hulse enjoys spending time with her family and animals, watching her kids play sports, helping her daughter with FFA and 4-H, traveling, camping, riding her horses, and spending time with friends.